What is Particle Film Technology (PFT)?
It is a combined synthesis of mineral technology, insect behavior and light physical knowledge. Used for climate conditions, pest control and plant physiology. The main raw materials are mainly aluminosilicate minerals. White, non-porous, non-swelling, low abrasive, fine-grained, plate-shaped, easily dispersible in water, 100% natural, chemical inert (does not react) over a wide pH range.
When PFT is applied, the plant is completely covered, making it unrecognizable to pests; The insects lose their ability to move and feed. Effect of PFT on insects; repellent, prevent laying eggs, prevent feeding and movement, or even in the form of invisible environment for some.
How is Particle Film Technique Applied?
- Clay minerals are micronized,
- Metal and other impurities are extracted,
- Some are calcined according to the purposes,
- Other additives are added according to the purposes,
- 99% and higher purity is obtained,
- 85% and above brightness is obtained,
- It should be light reflective.
Properties of Particle Film Technology:
- Mineral particle is chemically inert,
- Particle diameter is less than 2 µm,
- Film is Spreader and homogeneous,
- Transmits photosynthetically active radiation (PAR),
- Doesn’t let to pass ultraviolet radiation (UV) and infrared radiation (IR) upto a certain level,
- Changes insect / pathogen behavior,
- Fully removable from plant after harvest,
- DOESN’T HARM ENVIRONMENT, SOIL, AIR AND LIVING THINGS.
Benefits of Particle Film Technology:
- Decreases tree crown temperature, cool down plants, decreases water loss with sweating and increases water usage efficiency.
- Stomata continue to increase photosynthesis activity and carbon assimilation rate increases.
- Fruit yield and quality (color, smooth shape, taste) are increasing.
- Increases fruit eyes formation of next year.
- Fruits are prevented from sunburn damage and temperature stress disorders.
- Flowers, leaves and fruit spills are reduced. Some fruits (such as fig) premature ripening, drying, spill is reduced.
- Provides rapid development and growth in young plants.
- Pest attacks are reduced.
- The formation and transmission of fungal, bacterial and viral diseases is prevented.
- Reduces disturbances and damages on next year’s fruit eye formation from extreme heat and severe light effects.
- Reduces the formation of deep-slit, spur and twin fruit in hard fruit.
- Reduces periodicity by creating more fruit eyes.
- Reduces hot and cold wind damages.
- Reduces high day and night temperature difference shock.
- Reduces shoot burns, branch and stem shell burns. Prevents necrotic tissue death.